In an op-ed that appeared in today’s NY Daily News, writer Ross Rosenfeld said it is time to get rid of Black History Month. Rosenfeld claims that Black History Month does more to hurt race relations, than improve them.
He reasoned that instead of teaching children to acknowledge people by their color, we have to teach them not to focus on that; and in the words of Martin Luther King Jr, focus on “The content of their character.”
What do you think, is it time?
Most Popular Posts
- #FAIL: Christina Aguilera Remixes The Star Spangled Banner? [VIDEO]
- Two Arrested In Youngstown State University Shootings
- Two Killed, Three Injured In West Side Accident
- Actress: Tisha Cambell Battles Deadly Lung Disease
- “Lord Help Us” Video Released Of Houston Police Brutally Beating 16-Year-Old
- Rapper Trina Wears A Very Revealing Dress, Is This Acceptable? [PHOTOS]
- SuperBowl XVL: EMMANUEL SANDERS INJURED
- Breaking News: Shooting At Eddie Long’s Church Reported
- Time Warner Reports Outages During The Big Game
- Keyshia Cole Reveals Wedding Plans As Early As Next Week & New Reality Show [VIDEO]