This video is for those who say, “it’s just hair,” implying it has no real significance. This sister uses examples from our ancient civilizations of Kush, Nubia, and Kemet/Ta-Mery, then compares them to “modern” styles of Afrikan cultures today in West, Central, and Southern Afrika. This sister even demonstrates that locs are not an invention of the Rastafari, but says they should be celebrated for re-introducing this traditional Afrikan hairstyle to the Afrikan Diaspora.
Anyhow, try watching the video, and let’s discuss if you believe there to be a spiritual significance or connection to our Afrikan hair…
This video explores the spiritual connectiveness and importance of Hair in African cultures.
Let us know your opinion about the video, and let’s discuss if you believe there to be a spiritual significance or connection to our Afrikan hair… in the comment box below.
- Tisha Cambell Battles Deadly Lung Disease
- [Video] Prince Performance Dismisses Kim Kardashian
- Steve Harvey And Ex Battle In Courtroom: She LIED!
- Is Diddy Coming To Town? Diddy Speaks Up for Kelley Williams-Bolar
- Toni Braxton”Broke Again”
- Superbowl XLV: Rapper Wiz Khalifa New (?) Black N Yellow Hair Cut [PHOTOS]
- UPDATE: Fantasia NOT Preggers….She’s Gaining Weight For….
- Rapper Trina Wears A Very Revealing Dress, Is This Acceptable? [PHOTOS]
- Fantasia Expecting Another Child By…?
- We’re in an Open Marriage: (VIDEO)
Tami Roman Gets Candid About Her Battle With Body Dysmorphia
Three Dead Bodies Found ‘Bound and Gagged’ Near Akron
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
CeCe Winans Daughter Ashley Love Wedding Pics!
The 9 Worst Ways to Handle Conflict
Twitter Reacts To Angela Bassett’s Academy Award Snub To Jamie Lee Curtis
Scream Queens: 15 Black Leading Women In Horror Films That Had Us Shook