I didn’t get saved at church. I had been attending New Covenant for a long while, so I can say my church laid the foundation for me being saved. My mom read me the Bible verses over the phone and I was saved via landlines! But you don’t have to be saved at church. When you are compelled to give your life to God and believe in Jesus, then you can confess, repent and you are saved. Maybe you are at a church and the message touches you deeply. Maybe you are at a church and you aren’t necessarily emotionally moved, but you feel being saved is the right thing to do. Regardless of your reasons, thank God you made the choice!
What happens to a lot of people is that they get saved, and don’t know what to do afterward. You might experience some great euphoria, and you might not “feel” anything. So how do you begin to acquire this abundant life that Christians talk so much about?
This is an excerpt from my Juanita Bynum Topical Bible that can help new Christians and Christians who are lost on their journey. If you follow these steps, you will begin to understand what being saved is really all about!
Now That You Are Saved
1. Receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit
2. Find a Bible believing church that is on fire and alive (read the book of Acts)
(my note: It’s okay to go to a church and not like it. Take suggestions from friends, family and associates and visit churches until you find a place that speaks to you. It may take a while, but ask God to lead you.)
3. Pray and read God’s Word everyday of your life
4. Obtain a Bible that you can understand (Living Bible, NIV Bible, or the Amplified Bible)
(my note: You are not any less Christian if you don’t dig King James!)
5. Learn and know your inheritance in Jesus Christ
6. Obey the Word of God
7. Don’t be decieved
(my note: I thought it was interesting that Bynum feels we have a duty not to be deceived! That means we must be proactive)
8. Know and use your authority in Jesus Christ over satan
9. Tell others what God has done for you.
Source: The Chosen Chick
Also On Praise Cleveland: