We all know about the accusations of sexual assault against singer R. Kelly but do we know the timeline of how and when it happened? Take a look to learn more.
1. 2002: Patrice Jones Sues R. Kelly After He Allegedly Got Her Pregnant
At the age of 16, Patrice Jones claims R. Kelly got her pregnant and then forced her to get an abortion. Montina Woods sues Kelly a weeks later for allegedly taping them having sex without her permission. Both cases were settled with an undisclosed amount. Later on, a sex tape of Kelly allegedly having sex with a minor is released and he gets indicted on 21 charges of child pornography in Illinois.
2. 2003: Florida Police Charge R. Kelly With Child Pornography
Florida police obtained a camera belonging to R. Kelly that contained images of him having sex with underaged girls. In addition to his 21 counts of child pornography in Illinois, the state of Florida charged him with 12 more.
3. 2003: The Girl In The 2002 Sex Tape Was 14
It’s revealed while R. Kelly is on trial for his child pornography charges in Illinois, the girl who appeared in a 2002 sex tape was only 14-years-old.
4. 2008: R. Kelly Wins His Illinois Trial
After three years of being on trial for child pornography in Illinois, Kelly wins the case. A jury consisting of nine men and three women found him not guilty.
5. 2017: Mississippi Sheriff Sues R. Kelly
In 2017, R. Kelly gets sued by a Mississippi Sheriff that accuses the singer of having an affair with his wife.
6. 2017: R. Kelly Accused Of Holding Women Hostage In His Home
DeRogatis publishes an article to BuzzFeed claiming that R. Kelly was holding 6 women against their will at his Chicago and Atlanta houses. The report suggests that Kelly was dictated every part of their lives.
7. 2018: Unnamed Woman Accuses R. Kelly Of Giving Her An STI
A woman who remains unnamed accused R. Kellly of giving her an STI.