Kim Burrell has moved toward the spiritual realm of music—which most gospel singers tend to do when they want to crossover to broader audiences, or just have a itching to perform secular music—with her new album “The Love Album”. From original music to a few covers—she takes on Debarge’s “Love Me in a Special Way” and Earth Wind & Fire’s “Love’s Holiday”—the CD is the perfect showcase for Burrell’s jazz tinged gospel voice.
The album’s first single, “Sweeter”, was penned by Burrell’s sister Kathy, and finds the singer coasting effortlessly on the mid-tempo groove-inducing track. Source: Centric TV
Listen to snippets from Kim’s ‘The Love Album’
- Gunmen Shoot Up Philadelphia Bus With Assault Rifles
- Is “Planet Of The Apes” Really About Black People?!
- Daily Devotion: Where Are You? By Pastor Joel Osteen
- Nicki Minaj 911 Assault Call Released By Dallas Police
- ABC Apologizes For Showing Nicki Minaj’s Nipple
- Jury Convicts 5 Police Officers For Covering Up Katrina Murders
- “Rent Is Too Damn High” Candidate Fights Eviction Over Low Rent
- For-Profit College Sued for Scamming Students [VIDEO]
- Is Interracial Marriage The Solution For Unwed Black Women?!
- Sunday’s Best Week Number 5 [RECAP]