Listen Live
St. Jude Radiothon 2024


Dogs have another chance to roam free — Cleveland’s first outdoor dog park in downtown opened Monday afternoon.

The Downtown Cleveland Alliance teamed up with RTA, Flats Forward Inc. and the Historic Warehouse Development Corporation to help raise funds to build the $20,000 park.

Located in Settler’s Landing Park, the park has 4,500 square feet of play area, near the RTA station on the eastern bank of the Cuyahoga River.

The play area features pea gravel, fencing, a gated entrance and benches for humans.

The Downtown Cleveland Alliance said it noticed 1,000 registered dogs among the 98 percent occupancy rate in the residential market. The park received nearly 60 percent of its funds from online donations. The remaining 40 percent came from the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District.


Leave a Reply