- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 qt vegetable broth
dash of worcestershire sauce
1 thyme sprig
1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 can (5 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
fresh ground black pepper to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and noodles, stirring until creamy and smooth.
- Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on Cheddar cheese and topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.