America’s 10 most Bible-minded cities are all still located in the “Bible Belt” of the South and Birmingham, Alabama sits at the top of that pack. The state of Alabama also became the state with the most Bible-minded cities in 2015,according to a Barna survey commissioned by the American Bible Society.
The study is based on 42,855 interviews conducted nationwide and the analysis of Bible trends. Bible-minded individuals are those persons who report reading the Bible in a typical week and who strongly assert the Bible is accurate in the principles it teaches.
According to the report, at least 46 percent of the population in the top-ten most Bible-minded cities met this criteria.
The top ten Bible-minded cities in America are:
1 Birmingham/Anniston/Tuscaloosa, Alabama (51%)
2. Chattanooga, Tennessee (50%)
3. Tri-Cities, Tennessee (50%)
4. Roanoke/Lynchburg, Virginia (48%)
5. Shreveport, Louisiana (46%)
6. Springfield, Missouri (46%)
7. Jackson, Mississippi (46%)
8. Charlotte, North Carolina (46%)
9. Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson, South Carolina
Ashville, North Carolina (46%)
10. Little Rock/Pine Buff, Arkansas (46%)
CLICK HERE to read story