Winter is upon us, and with the heavy snow, sleet and ice, it’s important to remember a few things before you hit the road.
Experts advise that you make sure to do these things when driving during the winter months:
- Pump your breaks. Don’t tap, but use a slow and steady pressure.
- Ease on the breaks. Drive like there’s an egg under your accelerator.
- If you start sliding, steer in the direction you want to go.
- Don’t stop when going up a hill.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car.
- Keep a full tank of gas. More gas means more weight in your car.