In 2012, Joshua Rogers became the youngest and first male artist to win on the hit show “Sunday’s Best.” He spoke about how his life changed that year on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell.” It took him a long time to actually realize that he won, but also received different comments from people about the fact that he won only because he was a guy and not the fact that he was so talented.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rogers hasn’t released an album in nearly 5 years and is ready to give fans new music. His new single “Pour Your Oil,” is amazing and so many love it. During the interview Rogers mentioned he didn’t realize it’s been that long since he put out music.
With this album “Returning,” it’s all about coming to grips with certain things in his life. He said, “It’s coming from a place of where I’ve been and where I want to go.” Since his last album he’s been on a journey. He’s building a better relationship with God and his family. During the interview Rogers also spoke about how he used to fear singing and recited his favorite Bible verse before every performance. We can’t wait to hear this new album!
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource: 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource: 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource: 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource: 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource: 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource: 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource: 7 of 7
- Black History Month: Reclaiming Our History
- The Beginning Of The End? Everything You Need To Know About Ohio COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- OHIO NEWS: High School Seniors Can Take Part in End-of-Schoolyear Events in 2021!
- Rest In Power Haroun Wakil: Atlanta Activist Who Promoted Community Policing Dies
- OHIO NEWS: More Stores Added to List of Locations for COVID-19 Vaccine
- OHIO NEWS: Gov. DeWine Gives Update on Sports and Entertainment Attractions in Regards to COVID-19
- Ayanna Pressley Endorses Tishaura Jones As Race For St. Louis Mayor Heats Up
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, Who Once Called Black People ‘Slaves’ To Democrats, Champions Transphobia
- New Jersey Becomes The First Mid-Atlantic State To ‘Free the Weed’
- ‘New Soul Of Harlem’: Restaurant Ad Showing Only White Patrons Sparks Outrage, Briefly
- The History Of Black Sci-Fi & Horror Films
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — February 25, 2021: Stacey Abrams’ Fair Fight — Trump’s Taxes — Pandemic Learning Loss