Researchers have found, children who live in homes with vinyl flooring and flame-retardant furniture have higher levels of potentially harmful chemicals in their blood or urine.
Children from homes that had vinyl flooring in all areas were found to have concentrations of benzyl butyl phthalate metabolite in their urine that were 15 times higher than those in children living in homes with no vinyl flooring.
Benzyl butyl phthalate (a plasticizer often used for floor tiles) has been linked to multiple myeloma along with respiratory disorders, skin irritations, and reproductive disorders.
The study was presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington, D.C. It included 203 children from 190 families who were tested for these chemicals, so-called semi-volatile organic compounds (or SVOCs), in their blood or urine
CLICK HERE to read story
This Is The Remix: Your Fave Desserts Made Into Healthy Smoothies
1. Join Us For A Smoothie Challenge #BlenderBeautiesSource: 1 of 12
2. Peach CobblerSource: 2 of 12
3. You’re Gonna Flip Over This Mint Chocolate Chip SipSource: 3 of 12
4. Cookie Cream DreamSource: 4 of 12
5. Peanut Butter Jelly TimeSource: 5 of 12
6. I Aint Gonna Lie, I Love Sweet Potato PieSource: 6 of 12
7. Strawberry ShortcakeSource: 7 of 12
8. Sly Key Lime PieSource: 8 of 12
9. Chocolate Raspberry Shake RemakeSource: 9 of 12
10. Holla At This Pina ColadaSource: 10 of 12
11. Mocha Mood BoosterSource: 11 of 12
12. I Love My Smoothie Helpers!Source: 12 of 12