Fans of the actress began speculating about her relationship after the former NFL player was not pictured in any of her head-turning 50th birthday celebration photos she shared online.
Despite the online chatter, the actress remained mum on their status as a couple.
Now, Henson has confirmed the break-up in a recent radio interview where she shared that their relationship, “didn’t work out”.
She also revealed that she attempted to make it work, explaining, “I tried, I said, ‘let’s do the therapy thing’ but if you’re both not on the same page with that, then you feel like you’re taking it on yourself and that’s not a fair position for anybody to play in a relationship.”
Adding, “My happiness is not his responsibility and his is not mine. We have to first learn how to make ourselves happy, to make each other happy. So when one person is taking on the weight of the entire relationship, it’s never going to work.”
Henson didn’t provide a timeline of their break-up but back in April 2020, she did reveal they had moved their wedding date because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The former couple got engaged in May 2018.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
Shocking Celebrity Breakups
1. Alan Ferguson and Solange Knowles1 of 17
2. Babyface and Tracey Edmonds2 of 17
3. Robin Thicke & Paula PattonSource:PR PHOTOS 3 of 17
4. Chris Rock and Malaak Compton RockSource:PR PHOTOS 4 of 17
5. Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore5 of 17
6. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey6 of 17
7. Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower7 of 17
8. Laurence Fishburne and Gina Torres8 of 17
9. Offset and Cardi B9 of 17
10. Tracy Morgan and Wife Megan Wollover10 of 17
11. Kenya Moore and Marc Daly11 of 17
12. Niecy Nash and Jay Tucker12 of 17
13. Monica and Shannon Brown13 of 17
14. Wendy Williams and Kevin Hunter14 of 17
15. Pat and Gina Neely15 of 17
16. Kelis and Nas16 of 17
17. Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee17 of 17
Taraji P. Henson and Fiancé Kelvin Hayden Call It Quits was originally published on blackamericaweb.com