Women tend to naturally visit the doctors more frequent than men, especially if they feel something is wrong with their body. But often times, we ignore minor signs that actually can lead to serious health issues. These 5 common cancer symptoms can be easily overlooked:
Unexplained Weight Loss
For most women, this is a dream come true. But if you lose 10 pounds or more in a 1-month period, without an increase in exercise or a decrease in food intake, be sure to pay your doctor a quick friendly visit.
Since bloating is so common for women, it is only natural for it to be easily overlooked. But excessive bloating could be a symptom to ovarian cancer. If bloating occurs and continues for a long period of time, be sure to consult with your physician.
A Boob Rash
Women generally know to be on the look out for lumps as a major sign for breast cancer. But did you know redness or thickening of the skin is a sign as well? This can be a sign of inflammatory breast cancer. If you have a rash that lasts longer than a few weeks, consult with your physician.
Blood In Urine
If you have blood in your urine or stool, please do not assume that it is from a hemorrhoid. It could actually be a sign of colon, bladder, or kidney cancer. Coughing up blood is another sign that you need to put a rush on paying your doc a visit.
Changes Inside Your Mouth
If you notice any white patches inside the mouth or white spots on the tongue, it could possibly be a sign of a pre-cancerous condition called leukoplakia. This can develop into oral cancer, according to The American Cancer Society.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, stop what you are doing and seek medical attention. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. After all, your health is your wealth!
- Peter Thomas Speaks His Mind on ‘The Real Housewives of Atlanta’
- Steve Harvey Responds To Ex-Wife’s Allegations [AUDIO]
- Kem Intimately- Intimacy Tour Pre-Sale
- Diddy Sued for $1 Trillion…SMH!!
- Steve Harvey’s Ex Says He Was “Always A Cheater” [AUDIO]
- Flavor Flav’s Tiffany “New York” Pollard Releases Photos Of Her Looking “Natural”
- Cannon, Carey Pick Unique Names for Their Twins
- Keri Hilson Does The “Pretty Girl Rock” On Ellen [VIDEO]
- [Video] Whitney Houston Celebration of Gospel
- “Basketball Wife” Jennifer Williams’ Husband Eric Finally Speaks Out On Failed Marriage