City of Cleveland recreation centers are open during regularly scheduled hours and can provide relief from cold temperatures.
To find your local recreation center, visit City of Cleveland Recreation Centers.
In addition, below are some tips for dealing with the cold temperatures.
- Wear several layers of warm, loose fitting and lightweight clothing
- Stay dry – outer garments should be tightly women and water repellent
- Wear a hat and mittens – remember mittens are warmer than gloves
- Cover our mouth with a scarf to protect your lungs
- Continue to check weather and road condition advisories
- Check on elderly or disabled family, friends and neighbors – know ahead of time how you can help
- Listen to officials
- Limit time outdoors for you and your pets
- Make sure you have plenty of food, water and medication for your family and pets
article courtesy of 19ActionNews.com