When people ask First Lady Michelle Obama to describe herself, she doesn’t hesitate to say that first and foremost, she is Malia and Sasha’s mom,” states Whitehouse.org. But Michelle Obama is more than just a mother and the FLOTUS. Born on January 17, 1964 in Chicago Illinois, Michelle Obama went on to achieve great successes on her own way before her husband won the presidency.
Here are some fun facts about the FLOTUS that may interest you:
- Her full name is Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama but her friends call her “Miche” which is pronounced “Meesh.”
- Michelle Obama is the descendant of the Gullah people of South Carolina.
- She and her brother grew up in a one-bedroom apartment and shared the living room together which was separated by a room divider.
- Michelle Obama and her brother were so smart, they skipped the second grade. She even graduated second in her high school class.
- When she was a little girl, Michelle Obama loved playing with her “Easy-Bake Oven.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of Joy105.com