CLOSE
Two Golden Retriever Dogs Outdoors in Fall

Source: Purple Collar Pet Photography / Getty

Sure, we all love the parties and fireworks for July 4, but it can be a scary time for your pets.

Here are some tips from the Cleveland APL that will help you keep your pets safe this holiday weekend:

– Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets. If ingested, your pet could become intoxicated and weak, severely depressed or could go into a coma. In severe cases, death from respiratory failure is also a possibility.

– Do not apply sunscreen or insect repellent to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals. Ingestion of sunscreen products can result in drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst and lethargy. The misuse of insect repellent that contains DEET can lead to neurological problems.

CLICK HERE to read story

source: Wkyc.com

Leave a Reply