The culprits included falling from ladders, lacerations on sharp objects and injuries like strains from lifting heavy boxes.
Other common recurrences were fires, with Christmas trees at the center of the cause.
“People are using lights that are no longer functional, lights that are really old,” said TJ Martin with the Parma Fire Department.
Fire officials suggest consumers change out Christmas lights every few years. Still, every year when they’re taken out of storage, they need to be checked for frayed strands, exposed wire and busted bulbs. All of those can present easy sparks for electric fires.