With coronavirus-COVID-19 news dominating our lives, and not knowing what to touch or the many ways it can spread, we must take extraordinary precautions in all aspects of our live.
In normal times, having beautiful long nails is desired. The nail business was booming before mid-March. But did you know, viruses (yes, coronavirus) and bacteria can lurk underneath those beautiful nails! They can be a hotbed for all kind of germs. Is it time to cut them off, for now?!
Well, if it were up to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), we would all wear our nails short. “Fingernails should be kept short, and the undersides should be cleaned frequently with soap and water. Because of their length, longer fingernails can harbor more dirt and bacteria than short nails, thus potentially contributing to the spread of infection,” as stated on the CDC website.
I know many women just fell to the floor! For those that say cutting their nails is not an option, here is some advice for protecting yourself and others, especially now.
CLICK HERE to read story
#WCW: 10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. Health InitiativesSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Her Cool FriendsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Black Girl MagicSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Supporting BarackSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Mom GoalsSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Memorable TV AppearancesSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. IconicSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Of The CultureSource:Instagram 8 of 10
9. Keeps It RealSource:Instagram 9 of 10
10. RelatableSource:Instagram 10 of 10