Stressful day? Don’t reach for a candy bar. Try one of these soothing liquids instead.
1. Drink a glass of milk. It contains tryptophan, which as it is metabolized is converted to mood-boosting serotonin. Plus, its calcium, magnesium and potassium content may help keep blood pressure down.
2. Drink hot cocoa. Warm drinks raise your body temperature—a feeling we associate with comfort, so it triggers a similar response in our brains.
3. Order black tea instead of coffee. A study by University College London shows that drinking black tea four times a day for six weeks lowered the stress hormone cortisol after a stressful event.
4. Drink green tea—packed with theanine, which increases the brain’s output of relaxation-inducing alpha waves and reduces the output of tension-making beta waves.
5. Drink a glass of cold water, then go for a walk outside. The water gets your blood moving and the air invigorates by stimulating the endorphins that de-stress you.
read full story
article courtesy of shine/yahoo.com
High School & College Choice Fair | January 30th | Wolstein Center
Serita Jakes Returns To Church After Extended Illness & Surgery
Mr. Officials Reveals Staggering Cost Of Takeoff Wax Figure
Get The Look: Victoria Monet’s Grammy’s French Roll Up-Do
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
Cleveland’s Got Talent. I Am Magik is up Next (Video)
Get The Look: Celebrity Hairstylist Devante Turnbull Used These Products To Achieve SZA’s Grammy’s Sleek Hairdo