One of the biggest names to come from children’s cable television has found out what sentence he will serve during a Cleveland-based hearing on July 12.
Jared “Drake” Bell, formerly of Nickelodeon’s ‘Drake and Josh,’ was present at the sentencing after he issued a guilty plea in response to “crimes involving a 15-year-old girl while he visited Cleveland.”
From WEWS News 5 Cleveland:
The charges stem from an incident in October 2018, when the 15-year-old victim filed a report with her local police department in Canada regarding an incident that occurred between her and Bell in 2017 at a Cleveland nightclub on Old River Road in the city’s East Bank of The Flats district, according to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office.
Canadian authorities contacted the Cleveland Division of Police, which conducted the subsequent investigation.
It was soon established that the underage victim and Bell “had established a relationship” years before she attended Bell’s concert in 2017. Prior to that event, Bell sent the victim “inappropriate” messages through social media.
The victim gave a statement on how Bell impacted her life, adding that “he is the epitome of evil.” Bell’s defense attorney, of course, would oppose those statements.
Bell did actually admit that his conduct was “wrong” and is “sorry that the victim was harmed in any way” as he spoke in sentencing earlier.
So what is the former child star going to serve:
As part of his sentencing, Bell is ordered to have no contact with the victim and ordered to pay court costs.
No further details have been available as of right now.
Here is video of Bell’s sentencing below:
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of FayesVision and WENN
Second Picture Courtesy of Paul Archuleta and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of Facebook and WEWS News 5 Cleveland
'Jason's Lyric' to 'The Parent Hood': A Look Back At The Career Of Suzzanne Douglas
1. Gregory Hines and Suzzanne Douglas on the set of the movie "Tap"Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. Douglas on the 90s sitcom 'The Parent Hood'2 of 10
3. Cast of 'How Stella Got Her Groove Back' at the film's premiereSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Douglas in the 1994 film 'Jason's Lyric'4 of 10
5. Suzzanne at a red carpet screening for 'When They See Us'Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Trailer for the 2019 miniseries, 'When They See Us'6 of 10
7. Red carpet premiere Of Lifetime's 'Whitney'Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Trailer for the 1994 film "The Inkwell"8 of 10
9. "Hughie" Broadway Opening NightSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Move Trailer: "How Stella Got Her Groove Back"10 of 10
Former Nickelodeon Star Jared Bell Sentenced on Charges Related to His Cleveland Visit was originally published on wzakcleveland.com