Cleveland Browns defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has issued a public apology to teammate Myles Garrett.
While the Browns regular season just ended, the twists and turns aren’t over yet.
Clowney made critical comments to the media about the Browns last week, including saying that he wasn’t planning on coming back to Cleveland for next season. He was then excused from the finale against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Browns lost that game, 28-14.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Clowney expressed that the Browns weren’t playing to his strengths, and included that it seemed as if their primary focus was to get Garrett “to the Hall of Fame”.
Here’s Clowney’s full statement:
“As a son and a parent I want to fully apologize to anyone I offended, specifically Myles Garrett and his family. My words in the locker room were not only taken out of context, but completely misrepresented. As a man I have reached out to Myles specifically to apologize. I will continue to learn and grow as I move forward.”
According to reports, Clowney refused to enter the game on any down besides third in the October 23 Browns game against Baltimore. He was then benched for a portion of the first quarter the following week.
No word yet from Garrett on whether he’s accepted the apology, but as a betting man I don’t think we’ll see Clowney in a Browns uniform ever again. This apology could just be to save face so that whatever team he ends up on can’t use this against him when negotiating his contract. But, that’s just my opinion.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- Teyana Taylor Gave Off Sexy-Cool Vibes At A Pre-Grammy Party In An Oversized Amiri Coat
- Black Caucus Meets With White House On Police Reform In Wake Of Tyre Nichols Murder
- Lisa Nicole Debuts New Single “Same God”
- RIP Brandon Smiley: Funeral Plans Revealed For Rickey Smiley’s Oldest Son
- Pastor David Winston Talks New Book “Authentic”
- Rapper NBA YoungBoy Wants To Become A Mormon
- Justice For Anthony Lowe! Outraged Family, Activists Ask Why Cops Needed To Shoot Double Amputee
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims CRT Teaches Racism And 1 Illinois School Got $5.1B To Spend On Diversity
- The Beyhive Are Bracing Themselves For The Renaissance World Tour Ticket Prices
Browns News: Jadeveon Clowney Apologizes to Myles Garrett was originally published on wzakcleveland.com