- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cups finely grated aged Jack cheese or Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups (lightly packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
- Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place the flour in a pie plate. Lightly whisk the eggs in a second pie plate to blend.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together in a third pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, dip the cutlets into the flour to coat lightly, then into the eggs, and lastly, dip them into the breadcrumb mixture and pat firmly to coat completely.
- Place the coated chicken cutlets on a baking sheet or a plate lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large nonstick frying pans or griddle pans over medium heat.
- Add 2 chicken cutlets to each pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken cutlets over and melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/2 tablespoon of oil around the cutlets in each pan. Continue cooking until the chicken cutlets are golden brown on the bottom and just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil and butter.
- Whisk the honey, vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a medium bowl to blend. Slowly add the oil while constantly whisking. Stir in the chives.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach leaves with enough vinaigrette to coat, reserving some vinaigrette to spoon over the chicken.
- Mound the spinach salad on 4 plates. Cut the chicken cutlets on a sharp diagonal in half. Arrange the chicken on the spinach salad.
- Drizzle the reserved vinaigrette over the chicken and serve.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
Beyoncé Shows Love To Columbus Couple During Renaissance Tour
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
Ohio State Finally Names Buckeyes Starting Quarterback
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Ciara Confirms Pregnancy, Expecting Baby No. 4
Arrest Warrant Issued For Former Ohio State & NFL Linebacker Darron Lee
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Ohio: Most Confrontational Drivers In The Country