- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cups finely grated aged Jack cheese or Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups (lightly packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
- Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place the flour in a pie plate. Lightly whisk the eggs in a second pie plate to blend.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together in a third pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, dip the cutlets into the flour to coat lightly, then into the eggs, and lastly, dip them into the breadcrumb mixture and pat firmly to coat completely.
- Place the coated chicken cutlets on a baking sheet or a plate lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large nonstick frying pans or griddle pans over medium heat.
- Add 2 chicken cutlets to each pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken cutlets over and melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/2 tablespoon of oil around the cutlets in each pan. Continue cooking until the chicken cutlets are golden brown on the bottom and just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil and butter.
- Whisk the honey, vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a medium bowl to blend. Slowly add the oil while constantly whisking. Stir in the chives.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach leaves with enough vinaigrette to coat, reserving some vinaigrette to spoon over the chicken.
- Mound the spinach salad on 4 plates. Cut the chicken cutlets on a sharp diagonal in half. Arrange the chicken on the spinach salad.
- Drizzle the reserved vinaigrette over the chicken and serve.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
Also On Praise Cleveland: