Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer.
“There’s no way it’s going to alert you. It’s not going to wake you up because of the smell or wake you up because you hear anything. There’s no taste to it,” said Parma Fire Department Public Information Officer Doug Turner.
Thursday, carbon monoxide poisoning may have claimed two lives in northeast Ohio. The Summit Count Medical Examiner’s Officer said a 57-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman died inside their indoor pool area in Green.
“This is a horrible and tragic reminder of what it is,” said the victim’s neighbor, Brooke Taylor.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports an average of 430 people die every year across the country from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Turner said there are steps people should take every year to protect themselves and their families.
“Have someone come out to check your appliances to make sure they’re burning cleanly. Make sure your furnaces are venting properly, along with your hot water tank,” he said.
Carbon monoxide comes from cars, generators, and household appliances (like gas stoves, water heaters and furnaces). Turner encourages people to put carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of their homes, near where they sleep.
CLICK HERE to read story
High School & College Choice Fair | January 30th | Wolstein Center
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
The Cleveland Browns May Leave Cleveland Again, Per Report
Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know:’ Black Congresswoman Under Investigation – FL School Under Fire for Black History – Agape Love
Secret X ThirdLove Empower Women To Feel Fresh And Comfortable With Their New Whole Body Deodorant
Mr. Officials Reveals Staggering Cost Of Takeoff Wax Figure
Get The Look: Celebrity Hairstylist Devante Turnbull Used These Products To Achieve SZA’s Grammy’s Sleek Hairdo
Get The Look: Victoria Monet’s Grammy’s French Roll Up-Do