Two Italian-American favorites merge here: chicken parm and pepperoni.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup panko, Japanese bread crumbs, finely crushed in a food processor
- 4 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 3/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a pie plate, beat the eggs with the milk. Spread the flour and panko in 2 separate pie plates. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper and dust in the flour. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the panko; press to help the crumbs adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Drain the chicken on paper towels, then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Top the chicken with the tomato sauce, Parmigiano, mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake the chicken for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Transfer the chicken to plates, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
Gina Pearson, Wife Of Bishop Carlton Pearson Files For Divorce
BREAKING NEWS: Bishop Veron Ashe Has Passed Away
Northeast Ohio: Heavy Snow Is On The Way This Week
Jekalyn Carr Makes Her Daytime TV Debut With Performance Of “I Believe God” On ‘Tamron Hall’
Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
1K Phew Is Shaking Up The Gospel Rap Scene | ‘On Fire’ Debut [LISTEN]
NFL Legend Gale Sayers Dead At 77
Coach Ron Rivera Opens Up About His Cancer Journey And Commitment To The WFT